ASSETs After School Program
ASSETs is a free program available to all Encina Preparatory High School students that provides academic assistance, Credit Recovery, Driver’s Ed Online, PRO mentoring program, Resume Building/ Job Search, Study Halls for Sports, as well as unique club opportunities and recreational activities. To participate all students must do is complete and turn in a registration form that can be picked up in R2 or the front Office. Don’t let your students miss out!!
For more information, please contact:
An overview of the ASSETs goals:
The San Juan Unified School District’s comprehensive ASSETs After-School Program provides academic assistance and pro-social enrichment in a safe and positive environment. Students realize academic success through academic support, enrichment/ disguised learning, pro-social skills/recreation, use of technology and parent support and empowerment. In order for a student to be successful in the program, strong relationships between program staff, school staff, parents, and students are needed. Relationships are key!
Principles: Enrichment, Academics, and Recreation
- Homework assistance provided by Encina teachers and ASSETs support staff.
- CAHSEE and SAT Prep ongoing throughout the year.
- Participate in sports such as basketball, football, soccer, indoor soccer, soccer tennis, Whiffle ball, chess, checkers, dominos, board games, and don't forget our annual PlayStation/X-Box tournaments.
- Join clubs such as the Youth Advisory Board, Craft Club, Music Club, Skate Club, Fit 4 Life Club, Cooking Club and much more.
- Nutritional snack served every day.